If your Snapchat camera is showing black screen, don’t worry! There are a few solutions to fix the problem. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the most common solutions, one by one.
Before you start to follow the given solution you need to do these things:
- Check your internet connection if it is working perfectly or not.
- Restart your device
- Update Snapchat to the latest version.
If your problem is not solve then follow the given solutions:
Force close and reopen Snapchat
- On iOS, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle. Then, swipe left or right to find the Snapchat app. Swipe up on the Snapchat app preview to close it.
- On Android, tap the recent apps button (usually three vertical lines or a square). Then, swipe left or right to find the Snapchat app. Swipe up on the Snapchat app preview to close it.
After these steps check your snapchat camera is working.
Clear your Snapchat’s cache and data
If the first solution is not working, you can try clearing the app’s cache and data. This will delete any temporary files that may be causing the problem.
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down and find Snapchat.
- Tap Snapchat and then tap Offload App.
- Once the app has been offloaded, reinstall it from the App Store.
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps.
- Scroll down and find Snapchat.
- Tap Snapchat and then tap Storage & cache.
- Tap Clear cache and then Clear data.
After clearing Snapchat’s cache and data, reopen the app and see the camera is working.
Restart your device
You can try restarting your device.if there are some minor software problems it will fix this.
To restart your iOS device:
- Press and hold the power button and the “slide to power off” slider appears.
- Slide the slider to the right to turn off your device.
- After a few seconds, press and hold the power button again to turn on your device.
To restart your Android device:
- Press and hold the power button until the power menu appears.
- Tap Restart and then tap Restart again to confirm.
Once you successfully restarted your device, reopen Snapchat and see the camera is working.
Update your device’s operating system
If restarting your device didn’t fix the problem, You can try to update the software of your device. This will fix any bugs that may be causing the problem.
To update your iOS device:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap Download and Install.
To update your Android device:
- Go to Settings > System > Software update.
- If an update is available, tap Download and install.
Once your device’s operating system has been updated, reopen Snapchat and see if the camera is working.
If the rest of the solution doesn’t work, you can try reinstalling Snapchat. This will delete all app data, and then reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play.
To reinstall Snapchat on iOS:
- Touch and hold the Snapchat app icon until it jiggles.
- Tap the X in the top-left corner of the Snapchat app icon to delete the app.
- Once the app has been deleted, reinstall it from the App Store.
To reinstall Snapchat on Android:
- Tap and hold the Snapchat app icon until a menu appears.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Once the app has been uninstalled, reinstall it from the Google Play Store.
After following these things on Snapchat, reopen it and see the camera is working.
If you follow all the solutions and your Snapchat camera is still black, then the problem may be in your device hardware. In this case, you need to contact your device manufacturer for support.
You might find more useful information here: techfilly.store